We used to care too much about what people think about us, act upon what others expect us to do, and do things to please others. Even when things go wrong in a relationship, we often blame ourselves because we are not good enough to your partner.
Chances are, things might go wrong if you are not staying true about yourself. Loving yourselves help improve self-worth, happiness, self-validation and makes you happy with or without a partner. It helps strengthen the relationship, making sure each other not be needy and too much dependable on the relationship.
On the other hand, many people are afraid that self-loving is selfish so they forget how to take good care of themselves. Loving yourself or self-love is to focus on yourself with self care and positive encouragement, while being selfish is to think and act for the sake of yourself, without paying attention to others.
Then again, self-love means to take care of yourself for your well-being and happiness. It makes you become a positive, kind, and happy person which then maybe inspires others to live a more positive life.
Reading these quotes would inspire you about why we need to love ourselves, so that loving yourself can bring about our best energy to focus on what we really want to achieve in our life, attract what we want the universe to do about, and be happy all about it.
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” -Lucille Ball.
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” -Robert Morely.
- “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis.
- “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer.
- “When I accept myself just as I am, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli.
- “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” -Kristin Chenoweth.
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou.
- “If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.”- Shantanu Kohli.
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”– Shannon L. Alder.
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” – Charles Bukowski.
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne W.Dyer.
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T.Bennett.
- “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay.
- “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”- Mark Twain.
- “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you, real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self-acceptance opened.”- Shannon L.Alder.
- “You can’t really love someone else unless you really love yourself first.” – Fred Rogers.
- “If you love yourself, you love others. If you hate yourself, you hate others.” Osho.
- “If you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone.” – Maxwell Maltz.
- “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.”– Sandra Bierig.
- “If you do not respect your own wishes, no one else will. You will simply attract people who disrespect you as much as you do.”- Vironika Tugaleva.