They say the greatest gift in life is that of friendship and where there are friends, great things are bound to happen. It can, however, be hard to appreciate those who have always been with us or see the impact that their friendship has on our lives. We have put together a great list of beautiful best friendship quotes that will remind you who is important and why they will do anything for you. Without friendships, the world would be a dull place and we hope that you get to share these best friendship quotes with others who matter to you.
- 800+ Funny Quotes About Life, Love And Friend
- 100 Education Quotes To Inspire Both Students and Their Teachers
1. The strong bond of friendship is not always a balanced equation; friendship is not always about giving and taking in equal shares. Instead, friendship is grounded in a feeling that you know exactly who will be there for you when you need something, no matter what or when.
2. The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.
Hubert H. Humphrey
3. No friendship is an accident.
4. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
5. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
6. If you have one true friend you have more than your shar
7. Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.
8. Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitud.
Henry David Thoreau
9. The rules of friendship are tacit, unconscious; they are not rational. In business, though, you have to think rationally
10. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world togethe
Woodrow T. Wilso
11. A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!Doug Larson
12. All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
13. A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.
14. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
15. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
16. Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over
17. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
18. A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
19. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.
20. Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” -Ed Cunningham
21. Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil.
22. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
23. True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.
Henry David Thoreau
24. Best friends share laughs, memories and inside jokes. They will always be honest and stand by your side no matter what. They wipe your tears, pick you up when you fall, and are forever a piece of your heart.
25. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
26. A friend is an emotional bond, just like friendship is a human experience.
27. Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
28. True friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when your facing problems.
29. Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
30. Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can’t have too many friends because then you’re just not really friends
31. A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.
32. Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
33. Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken it can rarely be put back together exactly the same way.
34. A friend is what the heart needs all the time.
Henry Van Dyke
35. A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
36. Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing.
– Benjamin Franklin
37. Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends
38. The best time to make friends is before you need them.
39. The rules of friendship are tacit, unconscious; they are not rational. In business, though, you have to think rationally
40. I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.
41. Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.
42. We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
43. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life
44. Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another
45.Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious
46.A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth
47. You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal
48.It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
49. That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you – the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you – because that is what people are supposed to do.”
50. A friendship that can end never really began
51. There are no rules for friendship. It must be left to itself. We cannot force it any more than love
52. There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.
53. Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them
54. A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have
55. Every friendship travels at sometime through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic
56. A sweet friendship refreshes the soul
57. A best friend is someone who makes you laugh even when you think you’ll never smile again.
58. A friend is a gift you give yourself
Robert Louis Stevenson
59. Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship
60. Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit
61. Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
62. A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself
63. The language of friendship is not words but meanings
Henry David Thoreau
64. A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else
65. True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.
Henry David Thoreau
66. A friend to all is a friend to none
67. Constant use had not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship.
68. One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
69. True friends don’t judge each other, they judge other people together
70. Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give
71. True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost
Charles Caleb Colton
72. Of all possessions, a friend is the most precious
73. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Fight for you. Respect you. Include you. Encourage you. Need you. Deserve you. Stand by you
74. Friendship is the purest love
75.True friendship is never serene
Marquise de Sevigne
76. Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.
77. Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it made by the friends we choose
78.Friends: people who borrow my books and set wet glasses on them
Edwin Arlington Robinson
79. Even where friendship is concerned, it takes me a long time to trust people
80. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
81. Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected
82. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me
83. A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself
84. Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together
85. In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed
86. Best friends. Because of anyone else heard our conversations we’d end up in the mental hospital
87. Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them
88. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity
89. Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up
Thomas J. Watson
90. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares.
91. Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends
92. Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness
93. I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don’t believe I deserved my friends.
94. A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden
95. A good friend is a connection to life- a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world
96. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
97. Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing
98. Friendship is a word, the very sight of which in print makes heart warm
99. Friends are the siblings God never gave us.
100. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
101. One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives
102. Friendship is one mind in two bodies
103. There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met
104. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down
105. True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable
106. There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one’s self, the very meaning of one’s soul
107. The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?
108. We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone
109. A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down
Arnold H. Glasgow
110. Friendship is a wildly underrated medication
Anna Deavere Smith
111. There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship
112. Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.
H. Jackson Brown Jr.
113. Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.
114. Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends
115. True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light
116. Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.
117. Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks
118. Friendship is essentially a partnership
119. Friendship is inexplicable, it should not be explained if one doesn’t want to kill it
120. Friends confront each other sometimes, and sometimes the friendship lasts, and sometimes it doesn’t
121. Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing
122. Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected
123. Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation
124. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend
125. You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.
Laurence J. Peter
126. Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief
Marcus Tullius Cicero
127. A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship
128. Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.
129. A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.
Arnold H. Glasgo
130. A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.
Frances Ward Weller
131. Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said “I’m here for you”, and proved it
132. They make me stronger; they make me braver
133. Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend
134. Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
135. True friendship ought never to conceal what it thinks
136. True friends stab you in the front
137. It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them
Ralph Waldo Emerson
138. Everyone has a friend during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same friend in all stages of life
139. No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to grow.
140. When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands
141. If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.
142. A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face
143. Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart
144. Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives
145. The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul
146. True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style
147. Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything
148. One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention
149. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends
Martin Luther King Jr.
150. The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend
Henry David Thoreau
151. When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands