Have you asked yourself when you will stop learning? Do you think stopping learning can offer you many benefits? Will you have more time to relax, hang out with friends, read, travel, and do whatever you want if you stop learning?
When you travel, you can still learn about history, meet new people, and learn from their stories in different ways. You can even feel more relaxed when you learn from reading a new favorite book or watching a movie as a part of your hobbies. Either way, you are learning with more enthusiasm and curiosity, which makes you perceive the knowledge efficiently.
Similarly, learning at work makes you eager to apply what you have learned in practice. You will have more chances for promotion or going on a new career path to avoid being lagged in your work area. Therefore, learning can be intriguing if you know what you love to learn more in your field.
In other words, learning should not be ignored when you finish studying at school. Learning is a lifelong process because it triggers our curiosity and motivation to discover with more incredible energy, which helps us enjoy life more to the fullest.
Let’s check out the following quotes by well-known people to see the benefits of learning and how learning motivates us to live a more meaningful life.
- “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” – B.B.King.
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I changed the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi.
- “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” – Helen Hayes.
- “If you think education is expensive, try estimating the cost of ignorance.” – Howard Gardner.
- “There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti.
- “Education without application is just entertainment.”— Tim Sanders.
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty”- Henry Ford.
- “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.” – William Arthur Ward.
- “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J.D’Angelo.
- “ Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” – Abigail Adams.
- “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” – Doris Lessing.
- “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” – Confucius.
- “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” – Albert Einstein.
- “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.”–Richard Branson.
- “Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work.” – William Crawford.
- “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” – Sydney J. Harris.
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seus.
- “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X.
In a nutshell, it seems there is no specific time frame that you should stop learning. Learning is a lifelong process. It’s the passport to the future; you own the knowledge to earn the wisdom and positive change within yourself.
Learning makes you happy, curious in asking, and motivates you to find out the answer for yourself in almost every life area. Hopefully, these quotes will keep motivating you to learn what you love, either in work or life.
Reaching the end of this note, do you think these quotes have enough power to motivate you to study more? Tell us what you think.